City of Coeur d'Alene Residents
Holiday Service Schedules
If a Holiday falls on a weekday, the regularly scheduled collection for that day will be delayed by one day. Following the Holiday, each subsequent day of the same week will also be pushed back one day.
For example, if the Holiday falls on a Wednesday:
- Monday and Tuesday routes are not affected.
- Wednesday’s service moves to Thursday.
- Thursday’s pick up will be on Friday.
- Friday’s customers should have their cans curbside on Saturday.
- All service returns to the regular schedule on Monday.
If the Holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the collection schedule would not be affected. All routes would remain as usual.
We observe the following Holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Refuse Collection Rules
All cans must be out on the street at 6:00 am
Lids should be shut to avoid extra charge
Every 32 gallons of extra garbage will be subject to extra charge
Remember to keep 3' clearance between receptacles