Company History

Since the 1940’s, CDA Garbage Service has been a locally owned and operated company. Harold Damiano bought the company in 1974 and his son operates the company today. CDA Garbage has grown over the years through the acquisition of Rural Sanitation in1976, Johnson Disposal in 1992 and Pruitt Sanitation in 1994. In February of 2002, Coeur d’Alene Garbage Service/Post Falls Sanitation became the sole contractor providing services to all county operated rural sites. From 1979 to 1986, CDA Garbage Service also developed and operated the landfill baler plant on Ramsey Rd, which is now part of the Kootenai County Transfer Station .

Phil Damiano, General Manager
General Manager
Philip L. Damiano

Phil Damiano has worked for the family business for many years. He started in 1976 as a young summer helper. In 1996 Phil bought Lemhi Sanitation in Salmon, Idaho. After selling Lemhi Sanitation he returned to Coeur d’Alene to operate CDA Garbage Service for his father. Phil is committed to transforming CDA Garbage Service into a progressive, technologically advanced solid waste management company with local roots. Phil’s mission is to provide the highest quality waste collection and recycling services available to our customers at the lowest possible cost.